Your request has been submitted!
Generator accessories will ensure that your generator is working properly and easier to move around, outdoors. Remember that the only safe place to have a generator is outdoors, away from doors and windows. These are eight of the most popular generator accessories that you can use, to keep your generator running optimally:
• Optimate 3 Charger – The Honda Optimate 3 Charger will automatically recover, monitor and maintain all types of batteries from 2.5 to 32 amp-hours with its advanced diagnostic program, so your Honda generator is always ready to start when you need it.
• Transfer Switch - *A transfer switch is essential to safely connect a generator to a home. A transfer switch is required by the National Electric Code for any connection of power to a home. A Transfer Switch isolates the generator, allowing a safe connection, so it cannot accidentally electrify external power wires.
• Power Inlet Box - *Inlet boxes are mounted on the outside of a home to avoid running a power cord through a window or door.
• Extension Cord Sets – Extension cord sets ensure proper delivery of electricity from the generator to power outdoor items. If you choose not to install a transfer switch, you would also need extension cord sets to power indoor items, such as a TV or refrigerator.
• Cold Weather Kit – Honda designed cold weather kits that are unique to a specific generator. A small heating coil that fits inside the crankcase breather tube, prevents water from freezing inside the crankcase, due to severely cold weather. If ice forms in the breather tube, it can block the air flow, causing the generator to not work properly and/or leak oil.
• Wheel Kit – Lifting a generator can be quite a challenge. Honda has a 2-wheel kit and a 4-wheel kit with rubber tires that makes moving a generator effortless.
• Generator Cover – Protect the Honda generator from rain, sleet and snow, with a custom-fitted, water resistant generator cover.
• Lockwrap – A lockwrap is a neoprene cover that keeps ice, snow and debris out of combination locks.
*Power inlet boxes and transfer switches must be installed by a qualified electrician and the connection must comply with all applicable laws and electrical codes.
Honda Generators of Tampa, 5110 S West Shore Blvd Tampa, FL 33611-5650, (813) 831-8213 is here to answer your questions about generators and generator accessories. We carry a wide variety of accessories in stock and can help you choose the right ones for your needs!
To learn more about operating a generator safely, check out our Generator Safety article.